Hi and happy Sunday!
Once I finally got everything up and working right (thanks for being patient!)…it seemed that you all really liked the Spotify playlist so I’m going to post them weekly (as long as I make a new one).
Here’s the latest:
And here’s the link to follow it on Spotify. Quick note, remember that these are for my yoga classes so they start and end slow with upbeat music in the middle. For my readers who are also yoga teachers, I’m all about sharing the love…if you want to use my playlists in your classes, please feel free! Otherwise, I hope y’all like the mix of music.
A few notes about today’s playlist:
1) “All I Want” is supposed to be the Illenium Remix but it’s not available on Spotify. I included the original version of the song and another remix instead.
2) “All I Really Need” is supposed to be the Regulated Edition but it’s not available on Spotify. I included the original version instead.
3) “No Way” is supposed to be the Dubstep Remix but it’s not available on Spotify. I included the original version instead.
Now, on to the weekly workouts. This was my favorite week of workouts in a long time. I feel like it was the perfect mix of running, strength and yoga. Two good runs + a running WOD, two tough CrossFit workouts and three yoga classes. And a rest day! I felt really challenged and motivated this week…and I did a lot of squats! I just love squatting!
4.2 mile run at 8:33 pace + 100 air squats and 50 push ups
CrossFit + 75 back squats at 65# + 75 sit ups (5 sets of 15 of each after the WOD)
5 rounds for time:
10 push press (65#)
20 jumping lunges
10 toes to bar
Took me 11:45 to finish. My butt was sore for three days after 100 jumping lunges. 🙂
Hot yoga + 20 minute walk
CrossFit + 100 back squats at 55# + 50 floor press at 55# + 50 floor swipers holding a 55# bar (5 sets of 20 back squats and 10 of the press and swipers after the WOD)
Set a clock for 12 minutes…
– Run 1 Mile (Ran the mile in 8 minutes even)
– With the remaining time AMRAP: Hang power snatch (95/55)
*I got 35 snatches, RX.
Immediately into set a clock for 8 minutes…
– Run 800 meters (Ran at 7:30 pace)
– With the remaining time AMRAP: 30 Double unders and 15 sit ups
*I got four rounds of the AMRAP and was JAZZED to get all four sets of 30 double unders UNBROKEN! WOOHOO!
Immediately into clock set for 4 minutes…
Run 400 meters (Ran at 7:00 pace)
With the remaining time AMRAP: Lateral burpees over the bar
*I got 24 burpees.
I really loved this WOD (courtesy of Metro CrossFit). It was interesting, fun and challenging. It kept me moving and motivated.
I taught two hot yoga classes and a three hour afternoon workshop so I had no remaining energy for a workout…and I was pretty pooped from all the squatting and workouts I did earlier in the week!
5 mile run at 8:28 pace + 45 minute walk + hot yoga