- The only workout I feel like doing or can get excited about is yoga. I need it in a bad way right now. I’ve done one strength workout in 2 weeks. Running requires extreme amounts of mental motivation. I did it on vacation because it was my only choice but other than that…nada.
- Smoothies are serving as the perfect breakfast and/or lunch. Appetite is all kinds of way off but that’s most likely due to stress.
- Sullie and I are both completely over the weather. We have had thunderstorms every single day for weeks with no relief in site. I actually got dressed for a run/walk with Sullie today. We opened the door and it started pouring. Sullie was even more bummed than I was. I had to drag her back in.
- Hot and humid weather is making me crave salad, salad and more salad. Although I think fish tacos are in order this week as well.
- I am teetering on that fine line between going crazy and wanting to crawl into a hole and hide and embracing all the challenges in front of me and coming out on the other side stronger. Let’s hope the strong side wins out or else you may find me in the Caribbean shoeless, tan and opening a yoga studio. That actually sounds pretty amazing…;)
Now, some weekend photos. I don’t have anything particularly exciting to share given that it was mostly work and teaching yoga.
I went to Wolfgang Puck Pizza Bar on Friday night where I had one of the best appetizers probably ever. I will be returning just to eat this perfect dish of thinly sliced prosciutto, burrata cheese, grilled bread, arugula and cantaloupe. I predict that in the future I will frequently suggest this app + wine as a happy hour destination.
Baby kale salad with pine nuts, pickled onions, cheese and a lemon vinaigrette.
Asparagus with breadcrumbs, aioli and topped with a fried egg. Anything topped with a fried egg is a winner in my book.
Salad with mixed greens, avocado, dried cranberries, goat cheese, pecans and shrimp with balsamic vinaigrette.
Tea tag. And yes, please.
I was soooooo over my playlists so I got up early before my Sunday morning yoga class to download a lot of new music. I highly, highly recommend many of these songs. Bonus: Ellie Goulding has a new single!!!!
Sunday night salad extravaganza.
And that’s all I’ve got for ya. What’s going on with you currently? What foods are you into? What workouts are feeling good?