We’ve made it to Friday! I’m off to the gym to train a few clients, followed by a much needed hair cut and color and then back to the gym for updated headshots. You better believe I scheduled that hair appointment around the headshots. 😉
I have a few Friday favorites for you today. They run quite the gamut – we’ve got spring beauty finds, a new Bulletproof delivery + spring greens challenge and a stair climbing race that for a good cause. Let’s get straight to it!
5 SPRING BEAUTY FINDS
I popped into Ulta recently because I needed concealer and tinted moisturizer and of course left with a few other goodies.
- Ulta Beauty Brand Too Cheeky – LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! This is my second Too Cheeky stick – you can use it on your cheeks and lips. The charmed shade is a shimmery coral that works so well on my skin tone. It’s so pretty on the cheeks. I also have the social shade which is more light pink and I like it a lot too – I like that shade a little better on my lips. For $12 a pop, definitely recommend!
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer – this isn’t the first time I’ve blogged about this tinted moisturizer and it won’t be the last. It offers a perfect dewy, no-makeup kind of look while giving decent coverage. I love it for daywear – especially when I’m heading to the gym to train or workout. It also has SPF 30. I got the bisque shade this time but I’ve also worn sand. At $53, it’s a bit pricy but a tube lasts me at least six months. FYI, I’m still OBSESSED with my Clea De Peau when I wear foundation – it’s incredible.
- Mac Glow Play Lip Balm – I usually either use Aquaphor or lip gloss on my lips. Lately, I’ve been in the mood to start venturing back into lipsticks. This is an excellent blend of all the things – the conditioning of Aquaphor, the shine of gloss and a little color like lipstick. I have the floral coral shade which looks super bright in the tube but is very understated. Again, perfect for everyday wear.
- L’Oreal Telescopic Lift Waterproof Mascara – I confess that I am a bit of a mascara junky and always love trying new formulas. This is a solid add to my rotation! I always buy waterproof mascara because I find that it holds the curled shape better on my lashes and can stand the test of time if my day takes me from the gym to the hot yoga studio.
- Tarte Shape Tape Ultra Creamy Concealer – I heard about Shape Tape for years before going to the dark side. I’m a convert! It’s an awesome lightweight, moisturizing feel but offers full-coverage. I got the medium shade. I had been using Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer and while I like it, sometimes it feels too heavy for a casual day look.
BULLETPROOF MAIL DAY: CODE JEN_PBRUNNERBP20 FOR 20% OFF
Bulletproof mail day is always a good day! I restocked on the collagen protein and prebiotic that I use in my smoothies every morning. I’ve tried a lot of collagen protein over the years and absolutely nothing compares to the quality of Bulletproof’s. I like the vanilla and chocolate flavors for smoothies and whatnot but their unflavored collagen is TOP NOTCH! Least detectable taste of any collagen that I’ve ever had.
I also ordered a glutathione supplement for the first time. I’m going to use it for the next 30 days to see how I like it. The benefits are antioxidant support, fights free radicals and immune support. Per their website, glutathione is considered the master antioxidant, as it is the most powerful naturally-occurring antioxidant found in nearly every cell in the body.
I’ve decided that I’m also embarking on a 30-day “spring greens challenge” of drinking my greens powder every day. I’m starting today and I’ll keep you posted on my progress. I have a hard time sticking with my greens powder consistently.
And just a reminder that you can always get 20% off your Bulletproof order with code JEN_PBRUNNERBP20.
TUNNEL TO TOWERS CLIMB
I’m participating in the Tunnel to Towers Climb in Charlotte on April 30 and would love for my local readers to join me! A friend and mentor of mine at Charlotte Yoga is one of the event organizers. It’s a very different kind of race because it’s a stair climb! This year we are climbing Museum Tower in Uptown Charlotte. There are 43 floors to tackle for a total of 765 steps.
Tunnel to Towers was started by the family of a fallen 9/11 firefighter. They host events all over the country to raise funds to build houses and pay off mortgages for the families of fallen police, fire and military. They also build “smart homes” for those who are catastrophically injured that are equipped with everything they need.
I participated back in 2019 and can’t wait to do it again this year! You can register as an individual, form a team or join a team! It’s also a family-friendly event and lots of kids participate to. Don’t stress about the stair climb. Yes, it’s hard but quick. Expect to climb for 10-15 minutes and you can take breaks any time!
The whole event is moving, meaningful and so well-organized. Please join us!
That wraps up my Friday shares! I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend! 🙂
Any favorite mascaras to recommend? What about lipstick?
Do you use a greens powder?
Do you like climbing stairs? Would you do a race like this?