These Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer cupcakes are fun and festive for the holiday season. A great holiday baking activity with kids!
1 box of chocolate cake mix, baked into 24 cupcakes per package directions
2 cans of chocolate frosting
24 mini rectangular chocolate candy bars
Red cinnamon candies
Red and green sprinkles
- Bake cupcakes according to the instructions on the box. Allow to cool completely.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely and then frost using a pastry bag with a tip attached to pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Pastry bag sets are affordable and so awesome for making your cupcakes look prettier and more professional. They’re easy to use!
- Cut the pretzels to make the antlers. I used a sharp knife to score/create a groove down the center of each pretzel and then gently cut them in half. Once I did that, I had to further trim the pretzel into an antler shape.
- Get all of your reindeer decorations set out on a cutting board so that you’re ready to assemble. You need the pretzel antlers, red hots, candy eyes, chocolate candy bars, a little bit of frosting and a toothpick/chopstick/etc.
- Using the tip of the toothpick/chopstick/skewer, dip it into the frosting and then spread on back of the candy eyes. Affix eyes to the candy bars. The frosting will serve as the glue to keep them on. Do the same thing with the red noses.
- Carefully place each reindeer face onto the frosted cupcakes. You want to place them in the bottom two-thirds of the cupcake, leaving some frosting showing above the top of the candy bars. This is where your antlers will go.
- Add the pretzel antlers right at the top of the chocolate candy.
- Decorate with sprinkles.
Keywords: baking, cupcakes, holiday, Christmas