A creamy baked pasta dish that’s packed with chicken, spinach, sundried tomatoes and mushrooms and topped with cheese!
- 1 pound cooked, cubed chicken breasts (recommended grilled, can also use rotisserie to make it easier)
- 1 box (16 ounces) linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped OR roasted red peppers if you want to change it up!
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or any Italian cheese blend)
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare a 13×9 casserole dish by coating with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes or until they begin to soften. Add garlic and sundried tomatoes and cook for about 2 more minutes, stirring frequently and careful not to let the garlic burn. Stir in cornstarch and make sure it coats mushrooms, garlic and tomatoes.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream and milk, whisking quickly. Add salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mixture should thicken a bit.
- Add spinach and parmesan cheese to milk mixture and remove from heat.
- Pour sauce over cooked noodles and add chicken. Stir mixture and then transfer to prepared casserole dish. Top with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake covered with foil for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown. You can also turn the broiler on for a few minutes to get it nice and brown but if you do that WATCH IT closely so it doesn’t burn!
Recipe adapted from Shugary Sweets.
Keywords: pasta, casserole, chicken