A delicious egg casserole packed with sweet potatoes, butternut squash, sausage and spinach that can be prepped ahead for easy breakfasts. Whole30-compliant and Paleo!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup diced sweet potatoes (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup diced butternut squash
- 1 medium onion, halved and cut into thin slices
- 1 lb pork, turkey or chicken breakfast sausage
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt the coconut oil on a baking sheet in the oven and remove baking pan and toss melted coconut oil with sweet potatoes, butternut squash and onion. Season with salt and pepper and place back in the oven to roast for about 20-25 minutes, or until squash and sweet potatoes are tender but not mushy. Stir mixture after 10 minutes and every 5 after that.
- While that’s roasting, heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add the sausage. Cook until browned and no longer pink and then remove from skillet and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Whisk eggs with salt, garlic powder and fresh black pepper.
- Grease a 9×13 pan and place sweet potato mixture and sausage in it. Top with chopped spinach. Pour eggs over and gently stir to combine.
- Bake at 400 for about 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set in the middle. Watch it and don’t let it overcook!
Let cool and then slice into squares for serving and storage.
Recipe adapted from PaleOMG.