A recipe for refined a sugar-free banana bread with carrots, maple syrup and oat flour.
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat flour (you can make this in a food processor or blender using 1 cup rolled oats)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup full-fat plain greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, stir together eggs, banana, yogurt, coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup and carrots
- Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir until evenly moistened. Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until bread is springy to the touch and lightly browned.
- Let bread cool for a bit 15-20 minutes in pan and then remove from pan and place on a rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, slice and serve or slice and freeze!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 285
- Sugar: 13 grams
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 35
- Protein: 7
Keywords: quick bread, banana bread, baking