Caprese-style chicken breasts layered with fresh tomatoes and creamy fresh mozzarella and then topped off with pesto. Scatter broccoli florets around the chicken and you’ve got a delicious sheet pan meal! While this dinner is big on presentation and flavor, you’ll be surprised by how easy it is to prepare. It’s ready to go in the oven in under 10 minutes!
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 medium tomato, sliced and then cut slices in half (or two smaller tomatoes and skip halving them a second time)
8–10 slices of Galbani fresh mozzarella
¼ cup pesto
2–3 broccoli crowns, cut into florets (about 6 cups of florets)
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Make crosswise cuts in the chicken breasts, slicing almost to the bottom but not all the way through.
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Alternately fill the cuts in the chicken breasts with tomato and mozzarella slices. Spread pesto on the top of the prepared chicken breasts.
- Transfer the chicken to the baking sheet.
- Toss broccoli florets with olive oil, salt and pepper and scatter around chicken.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the broccoli is tender.