- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1–2 garlic cloves (depending on how much punch you want to pack!), peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup (loosely packed) fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the beans, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and parsley in a food processor or blender. Pulse or blend until the mixture is pretty smooth but still has some texture.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer to a small bowl and garnish with fresh herbs.