This fresh apple spice cake is packed with fresh apples, pecans and lots of fall spice. It can be served for breakfast, dessert or a delicious snack.
3 cups peeled, diced apples (gala, honey crisp, granny smith, etc)
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 light brown sugar
3 large eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 13x9x2 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Peel and dice apples, set aside.
- In the stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or using a handheld mixer), beat the granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, greek yogurt and vanilla on medium speed for 3 minutes. Texture should be silky.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir until just combined, careful not to over mix.
- Keep mixer speed on low and add peans and apples.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake for 35 to 45 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick comes out clean and top of cake isn’t sticky. Baking times can vary so start checking early.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Leftovers can be stored at room temperature for about a day but beyond that, you’ll want to store the cake in the fridge or freeze it.
Keywords: cake, baking, apple, apple spice, fall baking, holiday baking