A basic granola recipe with a short ingredients list. This granola is the perfect balance sweet and salty; chewy and crispy. Oats, brown sugar, honey and coconut oil are studded with plump raisins and mixed nuts for a delicious breakfast or snack.
- 3 cups oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (can also use canola or avocado)
- 1/3 cup honey + 1 tablespoon
- 2/3 cup raisins (I used a mix of golden and regular but use whatever you like – you could also mix in dried cranberries or dried cherries)
- 2/3 cup mixed nuts of choice (pecans, pistachios, pepitas, flaxseed, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Stir together dry ingredients until combined. (Oats, sugar, salt)
Add in coconut oil and honey and mix until combined.
- Place mixture on a baking sheet. Spread it to about 3/4 inches thick but be sure to keep it all together in a big rectangle. Do not spread out all over baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes and remove baking sheet from oven.
- Place raisins in original mixing bowl and toss with reserved 1 tablespoon of honey. Pour baked granola back into the mixing bowl and stir well to incorporate raisins.
- Place mixture back on baking sheet, again spreading to about 3/4 inch thickness and keeping it all together. Let cool on pan for 45 minutes to an hour, or until completely cooled and set.
- Break into clusters and store in an airtight container. Mixture keeps for 7-10 days.
- Feel free to get creative with your mix-ins!
- You can place mixture back into the oven for another 5 minutes or so after adding raisins but my dad prefers not to cook the raisins at all so they don’t dry out.