These pumpkin chocolate chip bars are soft with a cake-like texture. They are full of pumpkin spice flavor and a perfect choice for fall baking.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon pumpkin-pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup canned pumpkin puree (make sure you’re using 100% pumpkin and not pumpkin pie mix)
1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9 x 13 baking dish by lining it with aluminum foil, shiny side down, leaving about a 1-inch overhang on the edges. Grease foil with cooking spray or butter.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars on medium-high for about 3 minutes, until lightened in color and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until just combined. Beat in pumpkin puree.
- Reduce speed to low and slowly mix in flour mixture until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread to ensure it’s even.
- Bake until the edges begin to pull away from the foil and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. About 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool in pan. Once cool, lift foil from pan and cut squares.