- 1 tablespoon Bob’s Red Mill 10-Grain Hot Cereal (you can omit this and just use 1/2 cup oats)
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (not quick cooking!)
- Pinch of salt
- Ground cinnamon, to taste (really scientific recipe here!), I probably use 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or ground flax seed (optional)
- 1/2 ripe banana, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup almond, soy or regular milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix together all ingredients except for the toppings in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for about 10-15 minutes or until oats are thickened and bananas are softened.
- Whisk oats vigorously to fully incorporate the softened banana. Pour into a bowl and add toppings of your choice.
Optional toppings: nut butters like almond or peanut butter, jam like Crofter’s superfruit spread, pumpkin or apple butter