- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (I used King Arthur…if you don’t have this use all-purpose flour for all of the
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preaheat oven to 350 degrees and prepared a 12-cup muffin tin with liners or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flours, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, sugar, lemon juice and zest until light and fluffy. You can do this by hand by beating vigorously with whisk or using a handheld mixer. Slowly add in olive oil and greek yogurt and continue to mix until incorporated. Begin to add the flour mixture about 1/2 cup at a time, making sure flour is incorporated before adding more. Do not overmix. Once all the flour has been added, gently stir in the chia seeds, almonds and cranberries.
- Fill muffin tins about 2/3 full. I only got 11 muffins out of the batter. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until set, cracked on top and lightly golden. Will depend on the temperature of your oven. Remove from muffin tin and place on wire rack to cool. Best eaten immediately but can also be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days or individually wrapped and frozen for a month. To reheat, wrap in a paper towel and microwave for 20 seconds.