These homemade cheesy dog cookies are a treat that you can feel good about spoiling your pup with!
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled or quick oats, ground in a food processor or blender into oat meal/flour
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chicken or beef broth (I used bone broth, you can sub water here too)
4 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place dry ingredients (including cheese) in a large bowl and mix together. In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until combined. I used my hands to almost “knead” the dough once it came together. It’s a thick/stiff dough.
- Place dough between two sheets of wax or parchment paper and roll to about 1/4 inch thickness. Use a cookie cutter or the rim of a small glass or measuring cup to cut out dough. (I used the rim of a metal 1/4 cup measure.)
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. Store in an airtight bag or container. You can place in the freezer if you’re not going to use them all within a couple of weeks.
Keywords: baking, dog cookies, dog treats, cheese