These gluten-free and paleo pumpkin banana muffins are a perfect addition to your breakfast spread or a great option for an afternoon snack. And with just under 150 calories per muffin and no processed sugar, you can feel good about enjoying a freshly baked treat!
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preaheat oven to 350 and line a muffin tin with 10 liners.
In a medium bowl, combine mashed banana, pumpkin, maple syrup, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Whisk to combine.
Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until just combined.
- Divide batter between 10 muffin liners, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 for 20-24 minutes, depending on your oven. They are done when the tops seem slightly springy and your finger doesn’t leave an indentation if you press down on them lightly. You can also use the toothpick test.
- Remove from muffin tin and let cool on a wire rack.
These muffins freeze well. You can also easily double this recipe if you’d like more muffins.