- Half of an apple, diced
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Coconut oil or coconut oil spray (or butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup milk of choice (you can go all water if you need to but the milk adds so much to the creaminess of the oats)
- Dash salt (I know this sounds crazy but a pinch of salt does wonders for a pot of oatmeal)
Optional toppings like peanut butter, pumpkin butter, apple butter, pumpkin seeds, etc. as desired. (Give it some staying power!)
- Heat small saucepan over medium heat. Add coconut oil (either spray the bottom well or add about a teaspoon from the jar), apples, cranberries and cinnamon to pan. Saute, stirring frequently, until apples are soft and lightly golden brown. This will take 5-7 minutes.
- Add oats, chia seeds, water, milk and salt to pan and reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until oats have absorbed liquid and are soft. Add toppings of your choice and enjoy!