A five-ingredient recipe for bacon, egg and cheese breakfast bagel bites. A simple but tasty breakfast that the whole family will love on busy school mornings!
- 4 mini bagels, halved
4 slices of bacon
4 ounces of cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook the bacon and scramble the eggs. I like to scramble my eggs with a little bit of milk, cream cheese or cottage cheese in a skillet with salted butter.
- Once bacon is cooked and crispy, drain and then roughly chop.
- Toast mini bagels and then spread with salted butter.
- Assemble bagel bites but layering scrambled eggs, shredded cheddar and chopped bacon onto the toasted and buttered mini bagel.
- Place bagels under the broiler for a minute or two to melt the cheese and rewarm the eggs. Watch them closely!
*Note, you can assemble the breakfast bagel bites the night before up to the broiling stage. Store in fridge tightly wrapped. In the morning, pop them into a toaster oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Keywords: breakfast, back to school, bagels, eggs