These Incredulada Enchiladas are the creamiest, most delicious white chicken enchiladas ever! A family-friendly recipe that is always a crowd pleaser.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies
1 (10-ounce) can of Rotel Original Tomatoes & Green Chiles, drained (or 10 ounces of any canned diced tomatoes)
8-ounce block cream cheese, softened
Salt and pepper, to taste
12 (6-inch) flour tortillas (soft taco size)
1 1/2 cups half and half
2 cups shredded cheese (monterey jack, white cheddar, Mexican blend)
Toppings of choice – sour cream, cilantro, salsa, avocado, lime wedges, crema, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 x 13 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté onions until they begin to soften and become translucent. Add garlic, chilies and canned tomatoes and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low stir in cream cheese and chicken. Mix until cream cheese has melted into the mixture and everything is incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into tortillas, roll and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Pour half and half over enchiladas and top with shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until half and half thickens and cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Serve with toppings of choice.
- Enchiladas can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated but wait until you’re ready to bake to add the half and half and cheese.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
Keywords: chicken, enchiladas, dinner, family-friendly