This balsamic glazed roasted brussels sprouts and shallots dish is a perfect vegetable side for your Thanksgiving feast!
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Clean the brussels sprouts by cutting off the stems, halving them and then pulling off any loose outer leaves
- Place cleaned brussels sprouts in a bowl and drizzle with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and then season with kosher salt and pepper
- Spread brussels sprouts onto a sheet pan and scatter with thinly sliced shallots. Give whole pan another drizzle of olive oil and place in oven to roast.
- Roast brussels sprouts for 20-30 minutes, or until browned and soft…but not mushy! Be sure to stir them a few times while roasting.
- While the brussels sprouts are roasting, reduce the balsamic vinegar. Place 1/2 cup of balsamic in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then quickly reduce heat down to low. Watch the balsamic very carefully and don’t let it burn. Stir frequently. It is done when it’s thick and syrupy and reduced by at least half.
- Drizzle cooked brussels sprouts and shallots with reduced balsamic and toss to combine. Give it a taste and make any final seasoning adjustments before serving.
This would be delicious with crumbled bacon or pancetta!
Keywords: side dish, vegetable, thanksgiving