It seems that I have become a bit of an expert on all things related to taking care of my skin but it’s necessary due to my lifestyle and career. I spend hours each day sweating and working in gyms and yoga studios. In turn, I usually end up taking two to three showers every day. While this is necessary for the cleanliness and health of my skin, it’s also hard on my skin because it can be very drying.
When thinking about skin care many of us automatically think “face” but I try to be equally as mindful about what products I am using on my body. Sunscreen is step one and a good moisturizer is step two. Warm weather months can be tricky for me because I still require moisture but I need something with a lighter feel that easily absorbs. I don’t know if you’ve ever tried to apply lotion after a shower when you just can’t stop sweating because your body is so warm…but it’s not fun and the lotion never seems to soak in, it just sits on the skin feeling heavy.
This new line of Continuous Spray Fresh Hydration Lotions from St. Ives has been the perfect solution for warm weather skin hydration! There is zero heavy lotion feel. I was thrilled to learn that St. Ives was bringing the 360 degree continuous spray technology to body lotion. This is something I’ve been using in sunblock for years. The lotion comes in three varieties and all have unique benefits and features.
- The St. Ives Naturally Energizing Citrus & Vitamin C Fresh Hydration Lotion features grapefruit extract and vitamin C to energize and refresh the skin. It’s bright citrus scent will definitely perk you up!
- The St. Ives Naturally Soothing Oatmeal & Shea Butter Fresh Hydration Lotion is designed especially to soothe dry skin and includes oatmeal and shea butter. It has a lovely sweet smell of honey and almond. It’s nice for unwinding and relaxing at the end of a long day.
- The St. Ives Naturally Indulgent Coconut Milk & Orchid Extract Fresh Hydration Lotion includes coconut milk and orchid extract to leave the skin silky and smooth. This is my favorite scent and has notes of guava, pineapple, jasmine, coconut and vanilla…I just love these types of scent combinations.
All three of the lotions include shea butter and glycerin to act as natural moisturizers. The shea butter contains moisturizing vitamins A, E and F as well as fatty acids that can place moisture back into the skin.
For demonstration sake, I took a photo of the lotion right after spraying it on my leg. You can see that it goes on in a light, even layer.
It rubs in quickly and moisturizes extremely well given how light it is. I don’t have to reapply lotion all day when I use it and the scent lasts for hours. For even more insight on St. Ives’ Fresh Hydration lotion and how I’ve been using it, check out this video. You get to go to yoga and the gym with me! 🙂
Now, I want to give you a chance to try this fabulous new lotion for yourself! Leave a comment telling me about how your skin hydration needs change during the summer and which of the St. Ives Fresh Hydration Lotions. You’ll be entered for a chance to win a $100 Target gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 6/2-6/30.
Be sure to visit the St. Ives brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!