This post is sponsored by lululemon and ShopStyle.
My history with lululemon runs deep. I was asked to be an ambassador back in 2010 when I was new to teaching group exercise in Charlotte and lululemon was opening their first showroom in our city. I ended up serving as an ambassador for over three years and through the opening of lululemon’s first retail store in Charlotte. This was all around the time that I was completing my yoga teacher training, getting a personal training certification and transitioning to a full-time job in fitness so lululemon quickly became my new work wardrobe.
Well, here we are 11 years later and I’m still wearing lululemon daily for everything from running to momming to yoga practices to teaching classes and more. Absolutely nothing is comparable when it comes to comfort, fit, function and fashion.
It’s been so much fun to continue working with lululemon through partnerships on my blog and social media because it’s a brand I authentically and enthusiastically use and support. It’s also been fun to introduce my dad to lululemon!
About 5-6 years ago I gifted him a pair of Pace Breaker shorts and a Metal Vent shirt and he’s never looked back. He’s always loved his Pace Breaker shorts for comfortable daily wear (especially in his retirement at the beach!) but he’s now really putting some miles on them with all of the walking that he’s been doing since quarantine started last year.
It’s great to see my dad so fit and active and I’m super proud of him for the work and consistency that he’s put into his new routine! He’s walking 6-8 miles almost every single day and he loves wearing his lululemon gear for it. He’s been committed to this new routine for over a year now.
So, while I’m getting my regular runs in wearing lululemon, my dad is getting his long walks in. It’s been awesome to bond over this! On a related note, I think it’s important to remember that walking is an excellent form of exercise and for many, it’s a better option for their body than running.
Whether you choose running or walking, doing it in lululemon just feels different. The level of comfort when it comes to fit, construction, and technology is unmatched. I am never distracted by my lululemon run gear. It always fits and performs exactly how I need it to. I feel so free and so in the zone when I’m running in lululemon.
I am excited to share some of our current favorite men’s and women’s running (and walking) gear from lululemon.
I am in love with this Hawaiian Blue color. It’s vibrant, fun and an excellent choice for a summer pop of color. It looks extra cute in a set!
On my dad:
Let’s talk details…
- Super streamlined with deep pockets that keep your essentials close but out of the way
- Inseam-free construction to eliminate friction points
- Luxtreme® fabric that wicks sweat, feels cool to the touch and stretches like magic
- Reflective details
- Designed for training
- The same Luxtreme® fabric as the tights
- Medium support for B-D cups
- Optional, removable cups
- A great run belt with a low-bounce waistband and buckle closure that allows you to customize your fit
- Zippered stretchy pocket that’s the perfect size for your phone. I have an iPhone pro max that is large and fits well!
- Lightweight, Ultralu™ fabric
- Side drop-in pockets to stash your key, cards, and gels
- Reflective details
- Highly breathable mesh fabric that wicks sweat and dries quickly
- Performs great in heat and humidity (hello Florida!)
- No-Stink Zink™ technology that inhibits growth of odor-causing bacteria
- Reflective details
- Sweat-wicking and quick-drying fabric
- 100% of the polyester in this fabric is recycled
- The same No-Stink Zink™technology as the Fast and Free shirt
- The Out of Mind liner made from quick-drying mesh fabric and has a built-in no-bounce phone pocket
My dad is wearing the chambray color in the Surge Shorts and it’s a really pretty blue shade!
We also love the long sleeved version of the Fast and Free shirt. It’s super lightweight, soft and comfy!
- Swiftly Tech Racerback 2.0 Race Length
- Speed-Up Low-Rise Shorts
- Free to Be High-Neck Long Line Bra – Wild
On my dad:
- Designed for running and training
- Seamless construction that skips the chafe
- Sweat-wicking and super breathable
- A slim fit that meets at your waistband, so it won’t ride up. I can personally attest that this is an AMAZING design feature!
- Silverescent™ technology, powered by X-STATIC®, inhibits the growth of odor-causing bacteria on the fabric
- Four-way stretch with sweat-wicking and lightweight fabric
- The built-in liner is lightweight and quick drying
- Low rise with a 2.5″ length
- Windproof and water-repellent fabric that stretches with your body’s motion
- Interior drawcord that can cinch to customize the fit
- Fitted hood that cinches for a snug fit and peripheral visability
- High neck to protect from elements
- 360º reflectivity
- Four-way stretch with sweat-wicking technology
- Zippered pocket
- Out of Mind™ liner with quick-drying mesh fabric and a no-bounce phone pocket
- Classic straight fit
- Four-way stretch, sweat-wicking and fast-drying fabric
- Interior sweatband is anti-stink, sweat wicking, and naturally breathable
- Silverescent™ technology, powered by X-STATIC®, inhibits the growth of odor-causing bacteria on the sweatband
Finally, don’t forget a water bottle to keep you hydrated through your runs and walks.
- Insulated water bottle that fits into most cup holders
- Leak-proof lid and slip-free texture to enjoy spill-free one-handed drinking
- Double-wall design that keeps bottles sweat-free
- Powder coated for grip, even when you’re sweaty
- Vacuum insulation to keep your drinks extra cold
It’s my hope that you guys find this post helpful in helping you choose the best gear for your own runs and walks, and also for the special men in your life like partners, brothers and dads. Father’s Day is just around the corner! 😉
Biggest thanks to my dad for teaming up with me for this campaign and for Kuulei Photography for capturing the images. We had a ton of fun!
What is your favorite lululemon gear for running?
Have you converted any men in your life to lululemon fans? Fun story, we had a random young guy stop us while we were shooting and ask, “Are you taking pictures for lululemon? Their shorts are seriously amazing.” Haha.
Do you prefer running in shorts or tights/crops?