This Broccoli Cheddar Cottage Cheese Quiche brings together two of my favorite foods…cottage cheese and quiche! It’s no secret that I’m a big fan of whisking cottage cheese into my scrambled eggs and at some point last fall I thought to myself…why not try cottage cheese in a quiche? The idea was successful yielded a very delicious quiche. I can’t believe I’m just getting around to shooting and sharing the recipe!
BROCCOLI CHEDDAR COTTAGE CHEESE QUICHE
The cottage cheese replaces the milk or half and half. Let me brag on cottage cheese for a minute here. It’s high in protein AND contains some solid essential nutrients. Just one cup of full-fat cottage cheese delivers 40% of your daily vitamin B12 needs, 40% of your daily selenium and about 50% of your daily phosphorus. It’s such a versatile dairy product. Just today I was using it as a dip for pita chips.
I have been asked if you can see the cottage cheese in the quiche or really detect the flavor of it. My answer is that once it’s baked, you cannot. Here’s a close up shot to show the texture of the quiche. The cottage cheese bakes in so well and I think it just makes it even more cheesy and delicious.
BROCCOLI CHEDDAR COTTAGE CHEESE QUICHE INGREDIENTS
One of the best things about this quiche is that the ingredients list is super short and it’s easy to prep. You don’t even have to pre-cook any of the ingredients. Winning!
Here’s a recap of the ingredients in this Broccoli Cheddar Cottage Cheese Quiche:
- Eggs – because they’re the base of the whole recipe!
- Cottage cheese – please, please use 4% milk fat cottage cheese. It’s so creamy and delish!
- Garlic – for a flavor boost.
- Fresh broccoli florets – I love fresh broccoli in this recipe. It cooks so well into the quiche and doesn’t get soggy at all.
- Shredded cheddar – because what’s a broccoli cheddar recipe without cheddar!? Use a high-quality cheddar and shred it fresh instead of buying it shredded!
- Salt, pepper and optional red pepper flakes – because you’ve gotta season your food well.
- A 9-inch pie crust – I tested this recipe with a refrigerated store-bought pie crust and homemade and homemade was where it was at. The pastry was so much thicker, fluffier and flavorful. That being said, this recipe is still great with a store-bought crust.
I ate this quiche for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It’s perfect served with fresh fruit, mixed greens or both. One night I even sliced half an avocado on top of it and ate it that way. The leftovers reheat so well making this is a great recipe for meal prep, to take to an event or for a meal delivery for a friend.
Here’s the full recipe!
BROCCOLI CHEDDAR COTTAGE CHEESE QUICHE RECIPEPrint
This broccoli cheddar cottage cheese quiche is so simple to prepare and packed with fresh broccoli, cheddar cheese and cottage cheese. A great option for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner! So versatile and delicious.
1, 9-inch refrigerated pie crust
1 cup 4% cottage cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli florets (fresh and uncooked)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange pie crust in a 9-inch pie pan and prick holes along the bottom with a fork.
- Place chopped broccoli florets along the bottom of the pie pan.
- Whisk together eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes if using and pour mixture over broccoli.
- Bake until filling is set, about 50-55 minutes. Cool and serve warm or at room temp.
Keywords: quiche, cottage cheese, broccoli cheddar
BROCCOLI CHEDDAR COTTAGE CHEESE QUICHE PINTEREST PIN