In just a few days I’ll be lounging poolside with a cocktail in hand and my nose in a book.
We’re heading to Zoetry Parisio de la Bonita for our fifth annual Y2 Yoga retreat and I cannot wait! In preparation for the retreat I usually buy a few new bathing suits and order some new books. I decided to forego new swimwear this year since Victoria’s Secret has discontinued their swim line and I’m at a loss for where to get my swimwear now. 🙁
Reading on vacation is one of my favorite activities so I always pick out new books to devour.
I’ve been in quite a book rut and nothing I’ve read recently has really been all that great so I asked for book recommendations in my Peanut Butter Runner Community Group on Facebook and got a ton of amazing suggestions.
I’ve got these two books being delivered by Amazon Prime tomorrow. The first is The Nightingale by Kristin Hanna. I love Kristin Hannah’s books so I’m excited to jump into this one. The second is Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult. I am not the biggest fan of Jodi Picoult in general but this book received such high praise and great feedback that I decided to give it a try.
Here’s the full list of suggestions. I wanted to share the suggestions with you guys in case you’re looking for recommendations. I know I’ll be making my way through this list throughout the spring and summer!
2017 Spring Reading List
- Kitchens of the Midwest by J. Ryan Stradal
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anothony Doerr
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
- All the Wonderful and Ugly Things by Brynn Greenwood
- Before the Fall by Noah Hawley
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- 11/22/63 by Stephen King (not horror FYI)
- The Lake House by Kate Morton
- State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
- The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri
- Before We Visit the Goddess by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
- The Good Girl by Mary Kubica
- The Sleepwalker by Chris Bohjalian
- The Hopefuls by Jennifer Close
- The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
- Eligible: A Modern Retelling of Pride and Prejudice by Curtis Sittenfeld
- Two by Two by Nicholas Sparks
- A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki
- Will Trent Series by Karin Slaughter
- The Cormoran Strikes Series by Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling)
- Queen of the Tearling Series by Erika Johansen
- Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
- The Neapolitan Novels by Elena Ferrante
- When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Paul Kalanithi
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- The Universe Has Your Back by Gabby Bernstein
- Sum It Up: A Thousand and Ninety-Eight Victories, a Couple of Irrelevant Losses, and a Life in Perspective by Pat Summitt
- Born to Run by Christopher McDougall
- The Astronaut Wives Club by Lily Koppel
I hope you find this helpful!
I’d love to hear your thoughts on any of the books here if you’ve read them in the comments section. Also, let me know if you have anything to add to the list!
Suggestions on where to find relatively affordable but good quality bathing suits?