Hi everyone. I’m a little all over the place because my normal routine has been totally shaken up. Between the new freelance project and different work hours, construction/improvements being done on the house and traveling, things feel crazy. I am kind of a creature of comfort and routine so this is testing my patience and sanity a bit.
So I have updates for you on the house, food, workout and reading fronts. Here we go.
This was the scene at my house this morning. The granite fabricator sent someone to make the template for my new counters. They should be installed in 10ish days. In the meantime, I need to pick out a faucet for the new sink and my cabinets will be getting a fresh coat of (gray!) paint along with an update of all the hardware. I also had a new cabinet built to increase my counter space and give me a hidden trash can (yay!). I had my contractor design open shelving on the end of the new cabinet piece for display of cookbooks, wine storage, etc. After the granite goes in I’ll think about backsplash and floor.
Exciting times but my house has been a stream of people in and out for weeks and smells like paint. I think I have about 2 more weeks of projects left and I should be good to go!
A few recent eats to share with you.
One of my friends and yoga students gave me this homemade scone this morning when I went in to teach at 6:30 a.m. What an awesome way to start the day. It was delicious.
Also delicious was this enormous turkey sandwich from Mimosa Grill. I had a lunch meeting yesterday and was NOT in the mood for a salad. This combo of turkey, arugula, basil aioli, avocado, bacon and white cheddar on ciabatta hit the spot!
I got my act together and cooked dinner on Monday night. I made this Lemon Parmesan Salmon along with a lentil mix from TJ’s and sauteed spinach.
We won’t talk about my dinner last night…which was movie theater popcorn. I met a friend to see Sex Tape. It was really stupid but entertaining.
I’m working from Sunflour this afternoon instead of going into the office. It’s been a productive few hours, fueled by this soy latte. Their espresso drinks are so good.
I thought I would share this workout with you that my circuit training class at Metro did on Monday night. It was a good one and totally kicked their butts!
3 rounds, 60 second effort each exercise, 1 minute rest between rounds
1) Air Squat
2) Mountain Climber (slow, fast, you can mix it up with twisted variations, etc. Make it easier by placing your hands on an elevated surface like a box or a bench)
3) T-Push Up (push up, side plank, alternating sides. Drop to knees for push up if cannot maintain form)
4) Split jump squat (jumping lunges, if you cannot maintain form for the 60 seconds, switch to alternating front or backward stepping lunges)
5) Dumbbell lateral lunges (if no equipment available, just do bodyweight…your legs will be burning here after the jump lunges)
6) Box jumps (sub step ups if needed)
It’s a 20-minute workout total with the rest periods. It was super challenging for my athletes and they all had great feedback.
Stuff to Read
Check out my latest articles for Run Charlotte Run.
– 5 Hot Weather Running Looks: Keep Cool & Look Stylish
– 3 Yoga Poses Every Runner Should Be Doing
– Shin Splints: Causes, Prevention & Treatment
– Get Involved: Charlotte Non-Profit Running Organizations
And I’m off to attend a Wednesday night group run at a local brewery (this is for my job…what a fun assignment!).