Happy Friday! This week flew by thanks to days packed with training and teaching and evenings packed with social engagements. I usually try not to plan more than one weeknight out per week but this week I was out Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Here’s a look at this week’s eats. Not as many home cooked dinners as usual!
Orange Mango Smoothie and coffee from Starbucks between teaching two yoga classes. It’s been so cold here in Charlotte (10 degrees this morning!) but all I want is smoothies!
Banana oatmeal in a leftover peanut butter jar. The one non-smoothie breakfast of the week.
Soup and salad. Carrot ginger soup and salad with spinach, kale, quinoa, deli turkey, tomatoes, carrots, feta, pepitas and homemade honey mustard.
Turkey sandwich on sourdough with avocado, spinach, provolone and pepper jelly. Kiwi and clementines on the side.
Half turkey sandwich, salad and kiwi.
The only home-cooked dinner of the week. Sriracha lime salmon with brown rice, steamed kale and roasted baby carrots.
Wine and apps with friends. I shared this charcuterie plate and then had a crab cake salad.
Raw pumpkin pie with pepita brittle from Luna’s Living Kitchen.
Espresso and a Paleo banana muffin.
Kind bar and local Lenny Boy kombucha.
Appetizer plate at book club. We are starting a book club (like the kind where you actually read the books) with a group of women from the yoga studio. I’m really excited about it. Last night we had our initial meeting to discuss the ground rules for the club and what books we want to read. We have quite a list to research and vote on.
One of the things we did during the meeting was go around the circle and answer the question, “What is one thing you couldn’t live without?” Of course the first silly answer that came to my mind was peanut butter. But then we started really talking about it and the answers varied from “my children” to “adventure” to “toilet paper.” It was really interesting to hear the replies and it really made me think, what can’t I live without. What really matters to me?
Some of the things that came up for me were…
– Sullie and having a pet in the house. My family always had dogs growing up and when I left home I couldn’t wait to get one of my own. She brings me more joy than I ever thought possible. It’s pretty incredible.
– Being outside and travel. I crave sunlight, fresh air and seeing and experiencing new and beautiful things.
– My family.
– Believing in love.
– Possibility, growth and expansion.
– Being physically active…whether it’s running, walking, practicing yoga or a tough strength workout. I just love to move and breathe.
– And of course there’s peanut butter, wine, cheese, dessert, cooking, baking and all those other things I love so much! 🙂
So big Friday question for you.
What can’t you live without?