Happy Leap Day!
Some fun facts…
- Nearly 113 million Americans (35%) nationwide think Leap Day should be a federal holiday.
- Nearly half the country (46%) would be more likely to get something productive done, rather than relax, during their extra day.
- More than a quarter (26%) of Americans nationwide admit to thinking that because Leap Day 2016 falls on a Monday, it’s okay to call in sick to work and make it a long weekend.
Premier Protein recently conducted a survey about Leap Year and I think the results are super interesting. Especially the stuff around making it a national holiday and that nearly half of people would make it a productive holiday instead of another party/drinking/barbecue kind of holiday.
I am certainly enjoying my extra day, though I can’t say I’m making it super productive. 😉
The Alsol Tiara Cap Cana is less than a year old and feels very modern and chic.
The view from our room is pretty incredible. We are surrounded by water on three sides!
We started our Leap Day with room service breakfast.
And then we headed to the gym for a quick workout. We accidentally got distracted by a massage special on the way there and ended up getting a 60-minute massage first. The deal was just too good to pass up. And when do you ever get to say, “oh I’ll just pop in for a massage” on a Monday morning? (Answer: only on vacation. Only on Leap Day!)
The rest of our day has been spent pool and beachside with books and cocktails. Tonight we’re being treated to a special tasting dinner with the resort’s head chef so I can’t wait to share that experience with you guys…along with a full resort review!
Speaking of Premier Protein, they are hosting a Share Good Energy Giveaway where you can get a free bar or shake to sample. Simply fill out this form, share it with five friends and wait for your sample to arrive at your doorstep! This is a special offer for my readers through my ongoing ambassadorship with them.
Let’s talk Leap Day!
1) Do you think it should be a national holiday?
2) If you had the day off, would you use it to do something productive or relaxing?
3) Did you consider taking the day off and making it a three-day weekend?
This post is part of my ongoing partnership with Premier Protein.