Hey y’all! TGIF! TGIF! TGIF!!!
I have a little something different for you today. Hillary from Nutrition Nut on the Run emailed me a couple of weeks ago about doing a blog swap so that our readers could get to know another blogger. Hillary and I threw a list of questions at each other and shared some photos and I’m excited to introduce you to her!
A 2012 graduate of California State University, Hillary works as a wellness assistant. She’s been writing her blog since 2009 and I’m so impressed by her dedication to maintaining a blog throughout college (I had a hard time doing anything other than getting to class and going to football games and frat parties!) and by how focused she is just a year out of college. It took me quite a few years after college to truly identify my passions so it’s really cool to see Hillary so in her element and pursuing what she loves. Hillary is an avid runner and has completed six half marathons.
Check out the questions I had for Hillary. It’s such a breath of fresh air for me to tell you about someone other than me! 🙂
- iced coffee – espresso roast – with a splash of organic half and half
- a steaming bowl of creamy steel cut oatmeal with cinnamon, local apples, and a big dollop of almond butter OR a couple of warm Nutty Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- a huge kale salad with roasted sweet taters, tart Granny Smith apple, and delicate chevre crumbles tossed in Apple Dijon Vinaigrette
- then a chunk of 85% dark chocolate to finish
- non-fat plain Greek yogurt with fresh farmer’s market figs, crushed raw walnuts, sprinkle of chia seeds, and a drizzle of local honey
- I might keep it simple with Balsamic Lentils and Maple Cinnamon Roasted Vegetables before indulging in a couple of Almond Meal Chocolate Chip Cookies
5. You work as a wellness assistant as your full-time job. Give us an idea of “a day in the life” in your career. And where would you like to see your career go?
My day to day job varies as it depends on what projects our Wellness Program is working on, in addition to the year-round activities. Currently, I am helping to plan our Food Day event, as a part of the national campaign. This will be our second year hosting a real food lunch buffet free to all employees, featuring local and plant-based foods. In other words, I get to research tasty kale salad and quinoa recipes 🙂
In collaboration with working in the corporate wellness industry, I am very interested in adding a Health Coach certificate to my resume via the Institute of Integrative Nutrition. During my undergrad education, I got a taste of nutrition counseling and it is something I’d like to pursue.