Sullie and I are up and at ’em. My Thursday is jam-packed so I’m taking advantage of the early morning hours to get some computer work done before it’s go, go, go for the rest of the day. I’m hoping to brave the 28 degree temperatures to get a quick run in if I can finish this post in time.
So, you know how some survey/chain posts seem to circulate the blog-world? I was tagged by several blog friends to participate in this “11 Things” post that’s been popular recently. Technically, you’re supposed to post 11 random things about yourself, answer 11 questions from the person who tagged you and then create your own list of 11 questions and tag more people. I’ve got to get on with my day so I’m not going to do all that. I’ll just treat you to 11 useless and random facts about me.
Here we go.
1. I have freaky double jointed elbows and I can move them around in strange ways. When I used to cheer I always had to soften my elbows and not lock them out because they looked so weird when they were completely straight.
2. You do not want to sleep in the bed with me. I am a cold-natured person and always freezing but for some reason I get the worst night sweats. I have had them since high school. I will literally soak the sheets. Multiple doctors have looked into this and can’t figure out what causes them. It is terrible. The funny thing is that I’m not even hot when I go to sleep and have to be bundled up under the covers.
3. I turned 13 in Paris on a trip with my grandmother. What an amazing 13th birthday, huh!?
4. When I was growing up I was obsessed with the idea of going to college at Florida State University. Why? I have no idea. Thankfully, my parents mandated that I take advantage of the HOPE scholarship (which provides free tuition to state schools if you maintain a 3.0 or above) and I became a Georgia Bulldog. I can’t imagine it any other way! What was I thinking? FSU? Really!? Go Dawgs!
5. My first car was a 1990 Toyota Celica just like the one in this picture. Flip up lights and everything. Pretty sweet! The first thing I did when I got my car was put a Dave Matthews Band sticker on it. That about sums up my high school days.
6. If I had to pick a favorite ice cream flavor it would be strawberry. 99% of the time I will pick a fruity dessert over chocolate.
7. That said, one of my all-time MOST favorite indulgences is a Reese’s Cup Blizzard. My dad introduced me to these young and I’ve loved them for a special occasion treat ever since. I do have a deep, deep appreciation for the chocolate/peanut butter combination!
8. I started running my senior year of high school because I wanted to try out for college cheerleading and it required completing a timed mile. I hated running when I first started but once I got past being able to run a couple of miles without feeling like I was dying I fell in love with it and kept running as a way to stay in shape in college after I quit cheering. (Random side note…I decided not to go to UGA my freshman year so that I could cheer and went to Georgia College and State University instead. I quickly discovered that competitively cheering in college was not how I wanted to spend the next four years and transferred to UGA my sophomore year. Glad I had the experience but it was not the right thing for me!)
9. When we decided to get a dog, we were between a pug or a golden retriever. Quite a difference, huh? If we went small it was going to be a pug and if we went with big dog it was going to be a golden. Ultimately, I wanted a dog that could run with me so we went with big dog. And I had to include a picture of baby Sullie. It’s just too cute.
10. I could care less about home decor things like decorating, picking out furniture, choosing paint colors, etc. I just don’t have an eye for it and would much rather someone else just decide for me and tell me what looks good! On a similar note, I am NOT a crafty person. Michael’s and Hobby Lobby are pretty much the scariest stores on earth for me.
11. I was a Girl Scout for about 8-9 years and went to camp every summer. I ended up working as a counselor at the camp that I attended the summer after I graduated high school and the summer after my freshman year of college. The fun thing about girl scout camp was that all of the counselors went by made up names. The campers never knew your real name. Mine was “Rah Rah” because I was the cheer girl. Haha. So embarrassing. And now don’t even get me started on the songs…
Enough about me, tell me a useless fact about you.
Happy Thursday! Have a great day!