Hi! I hope your week is off to a great start! Our is off to a WET start in Charlotte. It rained all day today! I actually love rainy days here and there. I find myself super focused and productive. I kicked off my day by teaching yoga at 6 a.m. and then trained two clients at the gym. I had a few meetings and recipe tested for an upcoming post. (It’s been a trying recipe…two down and I hope the third will nail it!)
I finally breaked at 6 p.m. because Zoey was going stir crazy…and I needed to stretch out my legs. We ran 3 miles in the cold drizzle. It felt so good that I dropped her off and ran 3 more for a surprising early week 6 miler. My first run of the week is usually a 3-4 mile easy run but I was just feeling it tonight. I actually felt so good I felt like I could have gone ahead and run the whole half marathon so I guess that means my training is working! 🙂
Zoey and I were both soaked after the run so I drug her into the shower with me (literally, she did not go in willingly) so we could both get fresh and clean. Look at my pretty girl and those cute crimps! And the creeper pug. They are oddly obsessed with each other.
So today I have a new playlist to share with you. For the record, I make all of my yoga and group ex class playlists public on Spotify, so feel free to follow me if you need music inspiration. I am so glad I finally embraced Spotify after y’all hounded me about it (lovingly) for so long. It’s been great! I find myself making more playlists than ever before because it’s so easy.
The playlist I have today features 20 of my favorite songs from my October playlists.
Not to be missed…
- Adele’s “Hello.” Y’all…this song. Her voice. Chills.
- “No One’s Here to Sleep” by Bastille. I first heard this song on How to Get Away with Murder and have been obsessed ever since.
- “Sweet Love of Mine” by Joy Williams. I was so super bummed when The Civil Wars broke up but this new solo piece by Joy has me feeling pretty good about the future of her music career.
- “Just Like That” by Pegboard Nerds. Please listen to the lyrics. <3
- The Chainsmoker’s “New York City.” It’s just perfect.
- The Jack Jones Remix of Ellie’s “On My Mind.” I rarely make a playlist without an Ellie song on it and this remix has been doing it for me this month!
What’s been on heavy rotation for you lately?
I would love to hear any song recommendations you might have. I am ALWAYS looking for ideas and inspiration!